Abington Neurological Associates located in Abington/Willow Grove, PA may terminate from our Southeastern PA Aetna network effective December 15, 2012
• Abington Neurologic Associates, (7 neurologists), sent Aetna a termination notice effective December 15, 2012.
• While Aetna is committed to reaching a mutually acceptable agreement so that Abington Neurologic might continue in our network, to date we have not yet been able to come to an agreement. We remain hopeful that Abington Neurologic will engage in meaningful negotiations to preserve the contract; however, if we are unable to reach an agreement, the contract for Abington Neurologic will terminate effective December 15, 2012.
• Aetna has a dual responsibility to its customers. The first is to provide them with access to comprehensive health benefits coverage that is both accessible and affordable. The second is to help contain rising health care costs, which threatens their ability to continue providing coverage for their workers.
• Abington Neurologic sent Aetna a termination notice on May 25, 2012. The group is already being reimbursed at a rate that is “more than fair” and well in line with what other neurologists in the market are receiving. We made a fair offer that included a rate increase and reflected medical trend in the area.
• Abington’s offer and subsequent counter offer were both unrealistic. Aetna cannot agree to those kinds of demands or ask our customers to pay those kinds of increases, particularly in a weak economy.
• While we remain open to future talks, we have to assume the group will leave our network December 15, 2012. We’ve begun the process of informing our key constituents of that likelihood.
Physician Group Locations
2325 Maryland Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
1245 Highland Avenue
Abington, PA 19001
There are 7 participating physicians who are affiliated with Abington Neurological Associates. This includes 7 specialists.
Alternate Physician Groups available
Below is a listing of alternate participating physician groups in the immediate area where employees and their dependents can continue to access care.
• NEUROVASCULAR ASSOCIATES OF ABINGTON (Abington and Willow Grove)
• THE NEUROLOGY GROUP (Norristown, Flourtown, Collegeville, and Philadelphia)
• NEUROCARE DIAGNOSTIC, INC. (Huntingdon Valley)
• MEADOWBROOK NEUROLOGY GROUP (Meadowbrook and Warminster)
• THE NEUROLOGIC GROUP OF BUCKS AND MONTGOMERY COUNTY (North Wales, Doylestown, and Sellersville)
• PENN NEUROLOGIC ASSOCS (Sellersville and Lansdale)
• EINSTEIN NEUROLOGY (Elkins Park and Philadelphia)
• TEMPLE NEUROLOGY (Philadelphia)
• SACKS AND STRIAR, PC DBA NEUROLOGICAL ASSOCS (Philadelphia and Plymouth Meeting)
• NEUROLOGIC ASSOCIATES (Doylestown)
• ADVANCED NEUROLOGY ASSOCIATES, PC (Feasterville)
• BUCKS NEUROLOGICAL GROUP, P.C. (Langhorne)
• COMMUNITY NEUROLOGY ASSOCIATES, P.C (Newtown)
• COMPREHENSIVE NEUROLOGIC ASSOCIATES (Langhorne)
• OXFORD NEUROLOGY , LLC (Langhorne)
Abington Neurological Associates may terminate their contract for the following product(s):
• Aetna Open Access® HMO
• Quality Point-of-Service® (QPOS®)
• Aetna Choice® POS
• Aetna Medicaresm Plan (HMO)
• Aetna Medicaressm Plan (PPO)
• Managed Choice® POS
• Aetna Choice® POS II
• Aetna Open Access® Managed Choice® POS
• Elect Choice® EPO
• Aetna Open Access® Elect Choice® EPO
• Aetna Selectsm
• Open Access Aetna Selectsm
• Open Choice® PPO
We will send letters to the following employees and their dependents:
• Employees and their dependents who have been treated by a specialist provider at least twice in the past 12 months.
We will help with transition of care
Aetna’s standard transition of care policy will apply to members actively in a course of treatment. If any of your employees will require frequent or continuing consultation with a specialist physician for ongoing covered care, the employee should contact his or her current PCP who can help arrange transfer of that care to a similar specialist in the Aetna network. If the member does not have a relationship with a PCP, the member should check DocFind® and other available resources to help find another specialist in the Aetna Network. For a limited time and when appropriate, Aetna will cover certain ongoing medical care for a serious illness for a specified period at the preferred level of benefits, rendered by a specialist who no longer participates in the network.
We will remove Abington Neurological Associates from our DocFind®
online directory at the next scheduled update, after the contract is terminated. Current printed provider directories include Abington Neurological Associates. This Physician Group will be removed from the next directory edition. DocFind is updated nightly, and is the most current source of participating physician and hospital information.
Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you need additional information. We appreciate your support as we continue to try to address the rising cost of health care services for Southeastern PA area employers and residents. We will continue to keep you informed of any changes in our local network.